Monday, February 3, 2020

Amy Reads Ep. 3

Ok.  So the weigh less is going well.   I'm down 8lbs for January.   Yay, me.   Unfortunately, I know the biggest part of that is due to stress which is abundant, but at least I'm paid well for it. 

I work on my finances almost every day. 

Let me tell you.   I love Audible.  I really could not love it more.  Two series I can listen to endlessly.  Harry Potter and The All Souls Trilogy.  I can listen to them all the time and never get tired of it.  If anyone out there hasn't read The All Souls Trilogy (Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, The Book of Life) i recommend it so highly I don't have words.  I don't even need to recommend Harry Potter.  Everyone has either read it or committed not to ever.  So I won't waste my time.

I'm currently reading (listening to) The Dutch House by Ann Patchett.  It's very good and I only have like an hour and a half left on it.  It's read by Tom Hanks.  Which is lovely.  He has a great story teller voice.  So that's fine.   BUT I think he recorded all the chapter numbers first and then just read straight through.  Because no matter the tone of the chapters, on the chapter numbers he always sounds super excited and almost like they catch him off guard.   It's like Tom Hanks is reading the book and Woody is doing the chapter numbers. 

I am really liking it despite the over enthusiastic chapter breaks.

I have a framework in my head for my book actually.  It's really taken shape.   It's the detail I need to fill in and then get it put down. 

On a sad note, I had a favorite author all through my late teens and early twenties and I loved her and her mysteries.   It was only in the last 5 - 10 years I realized how predictable they were, but man, did I ever love Mary Higgins Clark.  I haven't read even half the books she's written, but I've read over 20 of them.   That's my dream.  Someday to have someone, anyone, sad that I died because I was such a part of one time of their lives or another.   Even if I never know.   They say whether you know it or not, you're someone's angel.   I don't know about that.   I also know they say that whether you know it or not you're the villain in someone's story.   That I know is true.   I did witness a car accident like the 23rd.  I did stay and comfort the woman who had a jackhole pull out right in front of her.  I did make her laugh.  I did give her a hug when she couldn't stop crying.   Maybe that's something.   Clearly I'm still wrestling with the whole, where do I fit in the universe question.   Which is not a topic for Amy Reads.    Maybe another time. 

Rest well, MHC.   Thanks for the stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Round & Round & Round I Go

I started my 43rd trip around the sun today.   This post is probably going to be a bunch of blathering and dithering.  I just am so dissatis...