Tuesday, January 14, 2020

I suppose an update is in order...

let me get my music sorted and then I'll dive in.   It's Phantom of the Opera.  I've been on a kick with it the past few days.  I don't know why. 

Ok. 

Weigh Less - I'm trying to stay within my ww points each day.   Well, "trying".  I can't say I'm giving it my solid best.  I send my dailies to a friend to try to stay accountable which helps, but I could definitely be putting in more effort.  I'm going to have to.  I think when I eventually have a sleep study done that I'm not going to have a choice.  I think it may be "Lose weight or potentially die in your sleep."  Why do things have to get to LITERAL life and death for me before I take action?  It's majorly forked up.  (Love me some The Good Place).  Also, I think when I get blood work done on Monday, it's going to come back and say I'm pre-diabetic.  Something that would also be fixed by eating better, exercising and just being less of a physically garbage person. 

Save More - I'm spending less.   Does that count?  I'm trying to figure out the best way to "save".  Put it into another account?  Take a certain about out of the bank and store it?  (Not doing this, don't rob me).  Throw money into my Roth IRA or my annuity?   I guess that depends on whether I'm saving it to spend it later, like on a cruise, or save it for when I'm 80.   I need to figure that out now that I know how much my pay is for this year. 

Social Media Less - Ok, so far, I'm succeeding most bigly on this one.  Facebook is off of my phone and I rarely get on it even in the evening for more than like 5 or 10 minutes.   So weird.  Something that sucked away so much of my time.   I'm still on Twitter and Insta, but neither of them was ever the time suck that I allowed it to become.

Write More - This is a mixed bag.   I'm creatively writing 3 - 4 times a week for 30 minutes or more.  It's not the 7 days I want to work up to, but it's way more that I've done ever and I do have a bit of a story forming.  I'm journaling when I remember (this is not often, last entry... the 6th).  And my last post here was 5 days ago. 

Weigh less and Write More are definitely where I need the most improvement.   Social Media Less seems to really be taking care of itself without having regular access to FB.  Save More needs to be fine tuned a bit but spending less is a huge first step. 

Weigh Less -  Y'all I am exhausted all the time.  Literally, all the time.  I had my pajamas on at 6 and will be climbing into bed when this is post is over.   I wanted to go to the gym 3 times a week.  I've missed the last 48 times.  I wanted to Zumba twice a week.  I went once.  I mean now.  I went lots when I went... before.   My husband asked if I slept better when I exercised.  And you know?  Probably.  I did everything better when I exercised, but I don't ever remember being so tired before I started exercising.  I had LITERALLY half the blood in my body I was supposed to and I feel more tired every day now than I did back then before surgery.  It's ridiculously frustrating.  Every day at some point during the day I'm like, I'll go to the gym after work.  Or I'll go to Zumba after work if it's a Zumba day.  But then I fight sleep all the way home and do not have it within me to get the dogs taken care of and then change and get my water ready and go.   Which is just DUMB.  Zumba is one hour of my life and it takes less than 10 minutes to get there.  8 minutes.  Less than 5 miles away.   And the gym?  That may even be closer.  It's not.   It's actually a full 10 minutes and a full 5 miles. And there are massage beds and chairs there.  Hello.   I DRIVE 66 MILES ROUND TRIP FOR WORK.  I can't drive 9 miles or 10 miles FOR MY HEALTH?  Seriously, there's something actually wrong with my brain, I think. 

I was going to talk more about Write More, but I think I'm just going to go to bed.   Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round & Round & Round I Go

I started my 43rd trip around the sun today.   This post is probably going to be a bunch of blathering and dithering.  I just am so dissatis...